My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

One Year Ago...

I can't believe that one year ago Brad and I went to bed not knowing what tomorrow would bring. One year ago, tomorrow, Brad and I found out we were going to be parents. It was 6:35am October 10th when I went into the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. For two minutes I waited anxiously not knowing what to expect... well, I was expecting a negative test. But I wasn't going to take the test if it hadn't been for my friend, Dawn! Thanks for the peer pressure! Sure enough, it was positive! Two red lines crept across the test. Woo hoo!

Now a year later, I have the most gorgeous (yes, I am biased) 4 month old. Speaking of which, Amelia went in for her 4 month check up and things are going well. She weighs 13 pounds, 10.5 ounces (50th percentile), 24" tall (50th percentile) and her head measures 16 1/2" (just above the 50th percentile). The doctor says she is measuring perfectly. He even thinks she is advanced for her age because she likes to stand a lot (predicts an early walker), is passing things from one hand to another, is showing signs of shyness (a 6-9mo stage) and is very observant. Whatever the case, she's just perfect. She's now taking the bottle a little better and she's actually enjoying the sippy cup. She can even feed herself with it - under adult supervision, of course! Oh yes, Amelia likes to play with her feet now. She hasn't gotten the knack of putting her toes in her mouth, but she can reach her feet now. Oh and I can't forget... last Thursday, she rolled over three times from her tummy to her back. She did it once for Becky and then twice for me. She has yet to do it again for Daddy or the video camera... but we're working on it.

Here are a few pictures that we've taken over the past week. Enjoy (if the slideshow stops, click on the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the slide show. The advertisement thing will go away and the show will resume)


4 comments:

M said...

I don't think you are biased! She is gorgeous!

Loved the pics!

jlmishler said...

I love that little Amelia! You both are great! loves

Mama Crochets said...

I agree with Monty ...biased or not, Amelia is a very beautiful baby!! The 'meltdown' picture was too cute ...and I loved the photo shoot! She's very expressive! =D

Kelli said...

Oh my gosh has it really been a year since you found out???!!! How crazy is that?? I remember that day so well! You emailed me at work sooo early in the morning! :) Amelia is SUCH a ham- love it- she's adorable!!! XXOO-Kelli & Delaney