My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ladies & Gents... we've got furniture!

Things are moving at a fairly rapid pace in the Munchkin's room right now. This past weekend, Brad and I worked on getting the furniture all set up. On Saturday after an eye appointment and a trip to Starbucks (before you go... Starbucks... I just wanted to say I put my protein powder in my beverage for a little extra baby kick) we got down to business. The crib wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be - putting it together, that is. The only hard part was getting the side rails together because the prefabricated holes were imprecisely drilled. So after a little bit of sweat and cussing, we finally got the crib together. It took us about an hour and a half. Here are some pictures of the crib assembly and the finished product. (remember, click on the photo for a bigger picture)


The second part was getting the changing table together. Brad took the changing table assembly and Emmy and I tackled the drawer that went on the changing table. When we were just about finished, Brad's mom and dad stopped by. It was perfect timing because Brad's dad could help him move some of the furniture back into the room (dresser). After a little bit of futzing around with the pieces, we figured out where we wanted everything to go.




Afterwards, all four of us stopped by Babies R Us and Brad's parents bought us the crib mattress we registered for (thanks!).

This week, more likely tomorrow, I will start working on the Dr. Seuss characters. I am so excited that I can start working on it... as I know exactly where all the characters are going to go on the wall.

Emmy wanted to get in on the action, too!

3 comments:

Yo said...

Holly - LOVE the furniture! You all picked some nice stuff. And, I LOVED seeing Emmy on the changing table and in the crib. That was too cute. DH saw it and LOVED it too! Thanks for all of your encouragement and advice - I really appreciate your friendship. I think I'd probably go crazy without all of you. xoxo Yo!

Kelli said...

Holls~ the room is coming together very nicely! Adorable crib!! And I had to say I was laughing at Emmy in the crib b/c I know Shiloh will do the same thing!! :) Can't wait to see the pictures you end up drawing!!

Tara said...

Emmy is frickin adorable.