My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Couldn't find the heartbeat!

Today I went in for my 37w check up. It was another quick visit. I saw the midwife (Parker Linn) again... who was very pleasant. She was going to check my cervix, but I declined because I'd rather have Dr. Bley check it and I will see her in another five days (that would be Monday). She said that wasn't a problem. She then checked to see how big I was measuring and then jotted that down. Next she took the doppler and tried to find the munchkin's heartbeat, but couldn't find it. I was not worried at all because she was moving around when Parker Linn was using the doppler. She tried on my right side, then moved to my left side, but I knew that she wouldn't find the heartbeat over there, as the Munchkin had a case of the hiccups earlier in the day and I knew where her chest was. So, back to the right side and a little lower this time, and POW! there it was, a strong heartrate in the 150s. She then checked for her position and felt her little feet and her bottom. So everything is looking good. I then asked what I was measuring. She said 36cm. But she said that she believes that the baby has already moved down into position... and that's why I am measuring smaller... plus with her finding the heartbeat so low in the uterus makes her think that the Munchkin has moved downwards. I am so excited... that means that she's engaged and it isn't that much longer until I get to meet this precious little gift. I just want her to wait until at least June 5! That would be one more week!

So, I've updated the belly progression. Just see the post below. Here's what's happening to me and baby this week.
Baby - On average, at this time, a baby weighs about 6.8 pounds (3100g) and measures about 14 inches (35cm) from crown to rump and 21 inches (47cm) total in length. Your baby is still growing and gaining weight. Your baby may gain as much as 1 ounce (28g) a day at this point. Your baby has been building up waste in his intestines for the past few weeks. Called meconium, this waste is greenish-black and is made up of material from blood cell break down, shedded cells from the lining of the intestine, skin cells and lanugo shed into the amniotic fluid and swallowed, as well as other sources. Meconium is the first waste your baby passes and the first diapers that you change will probably be comprised of this greenish-black, tar-like substance. There is also a chance that your baby will excrete meconium before delivery and have some covering his body.
Mom - You have probably gained around 30 lbs (13.5 kg) by now and you won't gain much more at this point. You feel tired and ready for your pregnancy to end. You may have an unusual sensation inside your vagina when the baby's head presses against the muscles of the pelvic floor. You may experience false labor contractions before the real contractions begin. These are not like Braxton Hicks contractions and may feel as strong as real labor. The difference between real and false labor is that false labor contractions do not become regular and often disappear when you move around. While you are likely to really have no doubt when real labor begins, you may want to call your doctor or caregiver if you think you might be in labor and then he or she can help you assess whether or not you need to head off to the hospital. It is not unusual to go to the hospital with false labor pains and be sent home again.

Oh yes, and do you have any guesses as to when the Munchkin will be arriving and an estimated weight? Take a guess and send me a comment. Remember, if you don't have an account, you can still participate. Just type in your guess in the comment area... then type in the encrypt code and click on the radio button that says "anonymous". However, if you use the anonymous method, please include your name... so I know who guessed what. My estimated due date is June 18. My personal opinion... I think Brad will be celebrating Father's Day this year! Good luck!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! I got chills when I read your this post. I can not believe she is already in position. I am soooooo excited for you and Brad. Here are my official guesses...
Due Date- June 10th
Weight- 6lbs 10oz

jenthomas said...

hmmmm...I think June 12th and around 7 lbs. You are so small don't think you will have moose children like mine :) (9.10 & 8.8) Yea you that everything is going great. Anytime now!

Anonymous said...

Anne will guess June 8 and she will weigh 6 pounds 8 ounces. At least 2 of those ounces will be SHINY black curly hair!

jlmishler said...

June 14th 7lbs 10oz!

Anonymous said...

I think she will be here around the week of the 9th, weighing around 6-7lbs. I can't wait to meet her!

Annie said...

The title of your post scared the crap out of me Holly! I'm glad it was just hard to find... that happens everytime I go in, I hate it!
So my guess is: June 8th (8 is my favorite # and I think it's lucky) and 6lbs 6oz!!!
What do I win when I'm right? :-) jk. It's coming so soon!

Yo said...

So exciting! I guess June 6 at 5:10pm. Weight 6lbs 5 oz, length 19 inches! :-) Can't wait to see your little darling! xoxo Yo!

Anonymous said...

Can hardly stand the wait....But, my guess is June 5th (Dad and Lilly have B-days on the 5th). Munchkin will weigh in at 6lbs 5 oz. Having said that, tomorrow best be your last day of work, M'dear.

XXOO, Karen and Dad