My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Have I Dropped & In-Utero Baby Games

So, we're getting closer to the EDD! I have less than 35 days and I am so excited. Brad and I have one more Bradley Method Class to go. This past Monday, Brad got his coach's card after he passed the verbal test. This coming Monday we will go over post partum. Should be exciting. After the last baby is born in our class of four couples, we'll have a reunion and get to meet all the new babies. That won't be until late July or early August, as the fourth couple isn't due until July 28. The first one is due at the end of May, then it's us and another couple (June 18) and then the fourth one.

Things are going well here. Went in for my two week check up. I am measuring 33cm in fundal height. The doc says it's a little small (should be around 35cm), but she's not worried because she says the baby is all scrunched up inside my uterus. I've only gained about 21 pounds so far. I went down in weight from the previous weigh in by two pounds. That's because I had a huge breakfast before going to the doctor... french toast with strawberries, eggs and bacon.... mmmm! And I ate it all! Thanks Bruce! The Munchkin's heartrate was strong around 145 bpm. I'm just praying that she doesn't turn herself and go breech! Next week, I start the once a week visits... woo hoo (with a bit of sarcasm)!

On Saturday, Brad and I went down to visit his parents to celebrate SIL's birthday and Mother's Day. It was kind of nice because I got a Mother-to-be gift from Brad's parents, a nice hanging pot of flowers. On Sunday, Brad made fajitas and gave me a card and certificate for a pedicure! I'll be using that pedicure certificate in June sometime. I want to make sure that my toes look pretty for the birth! Hee hee! I'll probably be staring at my feet for awhile at the birth. Plus now, I can barely reach my toes to paint them. We also went out for ice cream. So yummy!

Now I am sick. It started off as allergies and has now reached the peak of a head cold. On Tuesday, I went home early from work becuase my nose just wouldn't turn off. Now the cold has migrated to my chest, but at least I can think clearly and my throat isn't on fire. It kind of sucks because there's nothing I can really take to get better. I just have to let nature run its course. But at least this cold isn't as bad as the one I had in December. I can feel myself recouperating really quickly! Must be the nice weather coming just around the corner (90s!)

Yesterday, I also finished working on getting the crib set up. I laundered the crib mattress pad, crib sheet and ironed the dust ruffle and the bumpers. Adding a little more color to the room helps soften the room down. The furniture doesn't look as stark. I also started washing some of Munchkin's clothes. They look so cute coming out of the washer and dryer. Below is a picture of the crib (thanks, Marcia!). Also got the carseat that matches the stroller on Monday. Everything is falling into place now. There are only a few more things that I would really like from the registry... one is the changing table cover/pad. I got one... but I need to return it because it's too small. Plus I'd like to get some pretty baskets to put in the changing table shelves to store diapers and what not.


Here's what's happening to me and Munchkin going into our 36th week:
Baby - Your baby weighs about 6 lbs (2750g) and measures about 20.7 inches (46cm) in length. Crown to rump measurement is about 13.5 inches (34cm). Your baby now feels lower in your pelvis. Your baby continues to grow, kick, and move about. Your baby's face has filled out and the cheeks now look plump and full. Fat baby cheeks are caused by fat deposits, but also by powerful sucking muscles which your baby has been honing by sucking her thumb. Your baby's skull is firm, but it is not hard as it needs to give a little when it is passing through the birth canal. Your baby's head is probably down by now, but about three percent of babies present in a breech (bottom down) position. Your doctor may try to turn your baby around if it is in a breech position by putting pressure on your abdomen. This is called external cephalic version (ECV) and is effective in about 50% of cases. If your baby is in a breech position, ask your doctor about what your options are for the birth. You may or may not require a cesarean delivery.
Me - You will probably now see your doctor or midwife once a week. Now that the baby has settled lower in your abdomen, you may find breathing to be easier again. However, because your baby is now putting even more pressure on your bladder, you will have to urinate more frequently. You may have gained up to 30 pounds or more by this point. You are probably starting to get tired of being pregnant and you are probably focused on the birth ahead of you. It may feel like you have been pregnant forever and you just want the baby out.

Brad and I have been playing some fun games with Munchkin (still no name picked out, so don't even think about asking!). I like playing with her during the day and at night. I'll poke her leg or her arm and she'll kick or push back. It's fun. It gets her going!

Here (Yo, that's you!) is the most recent belly pic. Have I started dropping? I know that my belly can sometimes rest on my lap now.





I think that is it. Sorry it's a long post. Just lots of things are happening now that we're getting close to the end. Can't wait to meet this little person! Oh yes, I think I've figured out when I am going to quit my job... but don't forget to vote on when you think I should quit!

1 comments:

Kraftychik said...

Love the new belly pic! You know, you could have your daughter on June 16th & she'd have the same b-day as me!! LOL