My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Month Away!

Went in today for my 36week check up. Things are looking good. The Munchkin is still stuck in a head down position. However, she likes moving from one side to another side. The doctor wasn't sure if her back was on the left side or the right. Heartrate is in the 150s. I am measuring 36cm, so right on track. They did the Group B strep test... no internal exam! Woo hoo. She said that she can do it if I want, but she didn't feel any reason to do so at this time. Dr. Bley also said that I can't have this baby for the next two weeks because she won't be here next week to deliver. She'll be on vacation and she'll be very disappointed if I delivered early.

So things are moving along in the nursery. The glider chair is all assembled. Brad put that together this weekend. While I was at work, he assembled the swing. Below is a picture of the glider along with Emmy. (We're still trying to get her used to all the baby things) Nancy, a friend and one of Emmy's grandmas, is making curtains for the nursery. We picked up the fabric today. And I also picked up fabric today to make changing table covers for the pad. The changing pad is non-standard, so I need to custom make one. Interesting, eh? (click on the picture to see it larger!)



In addition to the glider, Emmy got a new bed! It's in the nursery right by Marvin K. Mooney. It's a nesting bed and fits the decor of the room. Unfortunately, she likes the throw rug I got better, as you can see. What do you think of the rug? Should I keep it? (click on the picture to see a larger version)






Well, I am off to do another load of baby laundry! Chat with y'all later!

10 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe how close you are getting!! The nursery really looks fabulous, and I love the rug. I think you should keep it.. and obviously so does Emmy! :-) Have you packed your hospital bag yet? I'm so excited for you!

jlmishler said...

I think you should keep the rug as well!!! If anything Emmy can sit there and protect your munchkin! Looks like emmy is smiling in the glider/rocker picture! Love it!!!!

jenthomas said...

I love it all and wouldn't change a thing! The room looks wonderful. Almost there!

jenthomas said...

I just have to say that I love Elizabeth, this is Sophie's middle name (her's is spelled Elisabeth though). I am sure any name you come up with will be perfect, but just had to share my opinion. :)

D said...

Awww, Emmy is so cute! I would keep the rug, too.

The nursery looks awesome! As for names, I picked Lauren knowing your last name. But Elizabeth would be nice, too. :)

Yo said...

Here's my two cents! Keep the rug - super cute! Emmy is such a sweet dog! Are you hanging in there or is this last month super hard? Nice you didn't have to have an internal exam this week! Hugs to you! xoxo Yo!

Kelli said...

Holls ur getting SO close! I've missed you on the blog lately...email soon sometime! I think the baby's room looks FANTASTIC! & how Emmy's made it her's also! :o)
The purple rug looks great, I'd keep it! Looks like you and Brad have tossed around more baby names! My vote was for Cecilia but I love that name..was once a consideration for our lil girl also! Miss you! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Keep the rug; return the dog bed. Emmy looks so gorgeous when she is on the rug. (I like Marvin's rug much better than the dog bed.) We have tried to vote for 'Elizabeth' but an error notification appears.

Anonymous said...

"Elizabeth" gets my pick, for sure! (well, I am partial.) "Lauren" was our choice had our Christopher been a girl, so I like that one too.
The nursery, the rug, the tummy, and Emmy all look wonderful and amazing. I vote for all.
Enjoy these last few weeks....rest as much as you can. :)
Liz H.

Anonymous said...

I think the room looks awesome! I can't wait to see it, but Chris, Audry and I are even more excited to meet Baby! I am so excited for you!