My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 11, 2008

We're here!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Amelia and I made it to Florida in one piece and mommy still has her sanity! The trip went without a hitch and Amelia woke up only to feed during take off and landing. In addition, the only time she was fussy was when we were going from gate to gate in Houston. But other than that, she was a perfect passenger. The passengers were falling for her and one of the flight attendants held her while I rearranged her diaper bag. Amelia even got her own seat on the flight from Portland to Houston which was nice because that was the longer leg of the flight. I must admit, I was nervous because I wasn't certain if Amelia was going to be fussy. I just nursed her during take off and landing and she was good to go. She was changed twice on the trip but I brought along a dozen diapers just in case something happened along the way. Woo hoo! On our flight home, grandma will be flying back with us. We're flying from Ft. Lauderdale to Houston and then to Phoenix. Amelia and I will lay over in Phoenix with grandma and then fly out the next morning. Then grandma will drive home. Exciting times. But over all, I think Amelia earned her wings! :)

Amelia enjoyed meeting her Jejja (great g-ma). And she made it out to see Poppee (great g-pa). In fact Poppee didn't want to stop touching and holding her. It was a great sight to see Poppee smiling and interacting with Amelia. He stayed awake for the whole visit. I took lots of pictures and also took video with the camera. So once I get home, I will be doing a lot of posting... so stay tuned.

The weather here is sunny... and humid. We've got plans to visit other relatives while we're here. But keep watching the blog... I'll be posting.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so glad that she was a perfect passenger! That always makes it nice! I hope you have a great time with family!

D said...

Miss you, girl! I'm glad that you both made it there safe and are having a good time. Can't wait to see pics. Safe home!