My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Next Step...

We continue to make progress in the nursery! My friend, Christine, came over and painted the nursery a pale yellow. In addition, she picked up two hitch hikers, Nancy and Jack (they take care of Emmy), and together all three of them spent just a few hours in the room painting. The walls look great and the yellow is so soothing. It will be nice in the summer when I can just put the baby in the crib, open the window and she'll hear the soothing sounds of a creek running in our backyard! Next on the list of things to do for the munchkin, tape the wall with the closet. Christine will be back to paint stripes on the wall. The colors: a turquoise and pale lavendar. We'll also have stripes of yellow in between so it will make the room more cohesive. So, the baby's room is moving along quite nicely. Once the stripes are on the wall, we'll move the dresser and night table back into the room. I'll get Brad to assemble the crib and the changing table and then figure out where I want to draw Dr. Seuss characters on the wall. So there's much more to do, but I am glad that it's getting done. The third trimester is getting so close. In fact, I hit my third trimester in another week and a half... March 19! Crazy if you ask me. Time is flying by so quickly.

Other news... tomorrow Brad and I start our birthing classes. I've chosen to go the Bradley Method way. It focuses on how to use the body to work through the labor process, birth without medication and using the husband as a birthing coach. Classes are two hours long and last for 10 weeks. It should be interesting. I'll let you know all about it as we go through it.

For now, here are some pictures of the nursery (click on the images for a bigger picture):



Ah yes, and I'm hearing that the baby shower plans are underway! Good thing, too, because I finished up my baby registry at Babies R Us this weekend. Of the things we're really hoping to get... the Graco infant car seat, the matching stroller and the glider chair at Babies R Us and the Britax car seat at Target.

0 comments: