My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Just as I thought... Brad would be celebrating Father's Day this year! What an exciting experience. I'll be back with more regarding Dad's Day when it concludes.

Thought you'd like to know what baby is doing this week:
Your baby's eyesight is still pretty fuzzy. Babies are born nearsighted and can see things best when they're about 8 to 10 inches away, so she can see your face clearly only when you're holding her close.Don't worry if your baby doesn't look you right in the eye from the start: Newborns tend to look at your eyebrows, your hairline, or your moving mouth. As she gets to know you in the first month, she'll be more interested in having eye-to-eye exchanges. Studies show that newborns prefer human faces to all other patterns or colors. (High-contrast items, like a checkerboard, are next in line.)

Amelia is doing a lot better with the jaundice. Slowly she's turning from yellow to pink. :) She's feeding a lot. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up. But the nights are getting better. I think we're on a rhythm. She hardly cries at night now. At the current moment, she's sleeping in her bassinet in the pack and play... quite content. I promise I'll get pics up on the blog soon.

Grandpa Vern came in last night and got to hold Amelia. It was quite a site as Grandpa V's hands are huge and she was dwarfed in his hold. (I'll get pics up soon!)

That's it for now!

Oh... and Happy Father's Day!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

I hope Brad had a terrific 1st Father's Day!! Great to hear that Amelia is starting to establish a routine. hope Mommy is doing well also! We'll have to catch up soon. I know you are pretty busy still getting adjusted to the munchkin but I will call you soon as I can't wait to hear how the whole birth went, how things are going etc. happy Fathers Day!!