My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stretch Marks...

Yes... they've finally arrived... those stretch marks. For weeks on end, I didn't have any and then all of sudden, they appeared. However, I have only seen them right around my belly button, as that is where my skin feels the most taught. That's where the Munchkin's butt likes to hang out. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted!

One of my friends is in labor now. Her estimated due date is June 18... which means that my turn is fast approaching. Lemme just say, I can't wait to meet this darling sweet little thing that keeps sitting on my pelvic bone, keeps me only yards away from the nearest bathroom and kicks me constantly. Trust me... when she's out of her little hideaway, there will be no more kicking mommy! I'll put an end to that! :)

So, I've posted my 38w belly picture. Enjoy it! Maybe it will be my last belly pic... who knows. I've been getting lots of contractions lately, but they feel like the practice ones as they don't really hurt, but they're strong enough where I can feel them. When I take Emmy for a walk, I can really feel them. The other day, it was strong enough for me to stop walking and bend down to just rest for a moment. It suited Emmy fine because she could stop and sniff the grass.

Tomorrow is my last day at work for awhile! I go on maternity leave. It's a nice feeling to know that I won't have to be saying "Thank you for calling Sprint. My name is Holly" and blah blah blah. I worry that the Munchkin will come out saying that since she's heard it so many times by now. I am finished reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Jen, that book is ear marked for you! I am now on to "What to Expect in the First Year."

Here's what's happening to me and baby this week:
Baby - Your baby probably weighs just over 7 pounds (3250g) by now and measures about 14.4 inches (36cm) from crown to rump and has a total length of about 21.5 inches (48cm). Your baby's lungs are the last part to develop before birth. Once the lungs are developed, your baby is ready for life outside the womb. By now your baby has almost run out of space to move in your uterus. Your baby has shed most of her lanugo, though she may still have some on her shoulders and in the creases of her body. Her toenails reach the end of her toes. The umbilical cord, which still is supplying your baby with nutrition as she gains more weight, may be knotted or wrapped around her. Some of your antibodies have crossed the placental barrier and give your baby's immune system a boost to get her started until hers is fully functioning. Your baby could be born any day now. (DUH!) <--- my comment
Mommy - You surely feel very large and uncomfortable but you're almost at the end of your pregnancy! You can expect your weight to remain stable now. Your cervix will soften and begin to partially open. You may be having strong Braxton Hicks contractions as your uterus prepares to give birth to your baby! You're almost there! (thank goodness!) <--- my comment.

Special shout out to Monty - Hoping for a BF0... Yo - Yea for a good NT scan... Jen - For a super duper looking chart this month! Woo hoo ladies!

4 comments:

jlmishler said...

You still have the cutest belly ever!!! Thanks for ear marking the book for me...im hoping to be using it soon! Im excited and soon your liitle one and DH will be sitting in your family room watching the rangers play together!!!

jenthomas said...

The "What to expect ..."books are the best. Every mom should have them. Yea you, you look great. Not long now! I can't wait to see this sweet thing. Rest now....you won't have much of that later :O)

Yo said...

Thanks for the shout out! I so much appreciate your posts. Your advice and encouragement are amazing. You're going to be a GREAT mother! xoxo Yo!

M said...

Thanks for the shout out! I can't believe you are going to meet your little girl soon! Yay!! Sorry about the stretch marks - the belly is still looking amazing!

Loves!