My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random stuff

So last night after pumping, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I lay awake in bed for two hours just thinking about things. Among those things... I don't want to go back to work! Next Tuesday I go back to my job at the call center. I really wish I didn't have to deal with people on the phone. My one savior, I am only working 32 hours a week and Amelia only has to be in daycare for three days. Plus, I get to go to the sitters on my lunch break so I can feed Miss Amelia. I hope she'll be good for Becky. :)


Another thing I was thinking about was the fact that I have a little girl. When I first found out I was pregnant, I really wanted a little boy. And, I was a little bummed when I found out at our gender ultrasound that it was a little girl. However, that was short lived. But as I lay in bed last night, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a little boy in the house. I am so happy to have a little girl. They're so much fun... especially when I look into her closet and it's full of cute little girly things - not frilly - but a closet full of color. I'm so happy to have a little munchkin who's healthy and very happy.


I was also reflecting on Brad and how he's such a great daddy. It's wonderful to see him interacting with Amelia more. I think at first Amelia was so small and not very reactive to the outside world... except for the booby! Now that she's getting to be a little more independent, Brad is having more fun with her. He gets her ready for bed at night, makes faces at her during dinner time, tickles her all the time and plays "horsey" on his leg. I also think he enjoys watching the baseball games with her on his lap.


I just want to say I have the bestest family and I couldn't ask for anything more. I love sharing this experience with my friends and family through this blog... the good and the bad.


Uh oh... she's up from her nap... gotta run. But first, here are some pictures.






2 comments:

Yo said...

Love this post...I, too, am thankful for my soon-to-be-growing family. Nice to appreciate the things we have. Hugs and love to you! xoxo Yo!

cyte2dals said...

I so enjoy seeing Amelia and eveything she is doing. I have never seen her since she was born, but feel like I know her well, thanks for keeping us all updated.Love cousin. She is such a doll!! Francie