My Little Munchkins!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A traumatic day...

...for Mommy.

Amelia's first day at daycare was great. Mommy's first day was filled with tears. It was so hard to let her go at 6:40 this morning. But with plenty of kisses (wet ones!), hugs and a promise to be back in a few hours, Mommy made it out the door.

Becky kept me in the loop all morning. She took a picture with her cell phone and sent it to me at about 7a. It was of Amelia sleeping. She had about a two hour nap. Next, Nathan got to hold Amelia, the 4-year-old boy Becky also watches (another picture). Then it was time for tummy and back time, followed by trying to drink from a bottle. Mommy got there at about 11:10 and was geeted by Becky and the Munchkin (she had some tears in her eyes, me too). Boy was she happy to see me. She was a hungry girl, drinking as loudly as she could... draining both boobies. Then I left to go back to work with tears again in my eyes. Becky changed Amelia and then she was down for the count until about 2p. Then she had a field trip to the school to pick up the rest of the kids. She then got fussy and took some milk from the bottle. And then went back to sleep for about 20 minutes. And then I got there! Was I glad to see her! And she was happy to see me.

So, so far so good. We'll see what happens tomorrow. No major melt downs... yet.

5 comments:

jenthomas said...

Oh I remember the first day i dropped Gabriel off a daycare, I cried and cried. I was on campus with him but it was still hard. It gets easier but is still hard to leave them. It helps when you know you can trust the one he is with.

Hang in there!

Kelli said...

Ah..Holls! Hang in there sweetie, it will get better. Sounds like Amelia is in GREAT hands and has an AMAZING babysitter! So, I'm guessing I need to get on the internet and help you find a WAH(work at home) job...I am up for the task!! :)

M said...

Oh Holls! I can't believe you started work again. Boo!! 13 weeks flew by!! So sorry you had a traumatic day! Hopefully it will get better!

Loves!

Yo said...

Holls - I'm so sorry you're going through this, but like others said, at least you know your little munchkin is in great hands. Hang in there...I've heard it gets easier with time. Sending love to you. xoxo Yo!

jlmishler said...

Oh sweet holly! Im so sorry you had a lot of tears and that you missed your little girl so! I know eventually it will get better and your bond will grow even tighter then it is now. Here is praying that the next part of the week is slightly easier. It will be Friday before you know it! Loves!